Thursday, September 6, 2012

Do The Kids Get It?

It has been a long time I since I took time to write and I have had good intentions, but never put those intentions into action. Today just seems like the right time to get going again... I admit that I am hooked on Facebook, that I like to watch junk TV and I get wound up over things that I should let go. Sometimes my priorities are all mixed up and I choose to do "fun" things or more things less well than a few things timely and complete. Our farming lifestyle is very different than how I grew up in Minneapolis, but I wouldn't change it for the world. We don't keep the same schedule as many of our kids' friends parents, sometimes our 5 kids are limited as to what they can do because I am only one person and can only run in so many directions at one time and other times they are blessed with oppotunities that many children do not have. I constantly struggle with the idea of "do they understand". Today, as I sat to work on the "kid computer" in the kitchen while I wait for the dishwasher to finish so I can get my canning jars out and get busy making spaghetti sauce, I came across this document open and started by my 11 year old.... I think they do understand what our life can give them.
That what they may give up at times leads to gaining things that others will never have or perhaps even know they are missing. It was this beginning of a powerpoint that made me proud of all that I have come to love, the family I have and the hard work my husband, our employees and all that have come before us have put forth so we can lead the next generation into a life of honesty, hard work, belief, creativity, problem solving and prosperity.
"And other seeds fell into good soil and produced grain, growing up and increasing and yielding thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.” And he said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear. Mark 4:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment