Saturday, February 16, 2013

Connecting with the Community

Last week I was forunate to have the opportunity to represent ND Farm Bureau at the McLean County Ag Show in Garrison, ND. We were blessed with the presence of the My American Farm online agricultural game and activity kiosk. In addition to demonstrating the games for attendees at the show, we also held drawings, gave away farm safety coloring books, My American Farm activity books, and Young Farmer and Rancher postcards sharing each families' agricultural story.

After a full day, talking with over 100 people and businesses in the county, I was exhausted! Yet, I felt energized. I know a bit of an oxymoron?! I guess we can just say that the experience was invigorating, enjoyable, and inspiring and that vastly outweighs the amount of tiredness I felt and my sore feet! A few smiles and a chance to hear and share a few stories is always worth the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment