Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crockpot Creations

It is no secret that the most used item in my kitchen besides the dishwasher is my crockpot. In fact, I have 3! I use it to make everything from while chicken (raised on my farm by my kids) to roasts to hotdish to veggies to mashed potatoes. When the refrigerator is full if leftover I generally use it to make some sort of "dump soup". Today was one if those days. I didn't have too much, but wanted to start the week off fresh!

This morning I decided to use the left over beef roast. I simmered it in beef broth, onions, carrots and green chilies for about 5 hours until the meat had fallen apart. Then I started dumping! I added some more onion, more green chilies, corn, 1/4 block of Velveeta, corn, 2 cans cream of celery, 2 cans of black beans, chunks of baked potato, and evaporated milk. It simmered for another 2-3 hours amd then it was ready to eat. I decided to call it Tex-Mex Post Roast Soup!


Although my family may never get this exact creation again, as there recipe, I love the fact that left overs do't have to be JUST leftovers. They can be a whole new experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment