Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blogging as an Educational Tool

Who said blogging couldn't be educational? Well, I am here to tell you that it is definately a better way to use technology than cell phones in classrooms!  Kids blogging can actually force them to write correctly since it will be seen by a lot of people and it can be reviewed by the teacher fro input or editting suggestions before publication. It can also be a way for kids to interact with people or topics that they may never else do. I can also tell you that many kid blogs are set up as tools to help kids learn academic content.

So, I have taken another leap into the world of technology, stretched my creative mind, thought about how I can connect with youth and started a blog to help kids and others who may be interested learn about what happens on our farm in central North Dakota through the year. I also pose questions hoping to get some responses. Where else should the info about what happens on farms and ranches come from, but from the farmers and ranchers themselves!

from USDA. gov

Amazingly it is very simple.... I have to add the users, I can elect to approve comments and blogs added by users before they are published to make sure it is appropriate and I can upload pictures, video and create links. I believe that my blog http://kidblog.org/Agriculture/ will help teachers, students, and individuals not involved in agriculture know more about the oldest industry of our great nation...agriculture!

If you want to be a user of  A Day in the Life of ND Agriculture ( my youth centered blog)... add a comment or send me a message and I will get you set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment