Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wordless Wednesday... A Day of Silent Memories

As a friend and fellow blogger calls today... it's Wordless Wednesday!
Today it really is. It has been an interesting few days and now I am at a loss for words.
My grandma passed away yesterday and I am OK with it knowing that she is in heaven continuing her life in a new phase. Don't get me wrong, I have shed my share of tears, but I know that she is rejuvenated, smiling, continuing to give of herself and as always is the eternal optimist. But I struggle to know what I am to say to all those that are still here. I am not sure why this is. I have lost numerous people in my life during the past 1 1/2 years and it hasn't been a problem.  This time, I just don't know what to say. Perhaps it is that I am so far away and cannot get to where everyone is gathering, perhaps I am at peace knowing that she had an amazing selfless life and that her faith, family, and friends were the most important things in her life and that God called her at a time when she was ready to go or perhaps I am still processing. Whatever it is, I know that I have wonderful memories, infinite life lessons and some very special knitted items that I will hold close.
For these three things I am forever grateful! Ultimately I have learned that simplicity, love and selflessness can take you on a journey better than one could ever expect!

Love you! May you enjoy the adventures ahead...You deserve the peace of heaven and eternal life!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry about your grandmother. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete